Licensed attorney since 2007. Licensed to practice law in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Washington D.C.
- Thousands of state and federal court cases under his belt.
- Numerous favorable jury verdicts on behalf of clients.
- Nate specializes in cases involving personal injuries, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, slip and falls, defective consumer products, defective automotive parts, dangerous medical drugs and devices, and more.
The #1 Truck Accident Lawyer In Mobile, Alabama
The trucking industry is one of the most dangerous industries in the United States.
Truck drivers are often overworked and fatigued, which can lead to serious accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a qualified Mobile Truck Accident Lawyer who can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
At Bodewell Law, our experienced truck accident lawyers in Mobile have a proven track record of success.
We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we are ready to put our knowledge and resources to work for you.
The first step is to schedule a free consultation with our legal team.
We will review the details of your case and help you understand your rights and options.
If we believe you have a strong claim, we will aggressively pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Don’t wait to get started on your truck accident claim.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.
Table of Contents
How Our Mobile Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
If you or a loved one has been in a truck accident, you understand how traumatic it can be.
The injuries sustained in a truck accident are often severe and can leave you with mounting medical bills and unable to work.
You may be feeling overwhelmed and not sure where to turn.
Our team of professional mobile truck accident lawyers can assist you.
When you ask for our help, we will:
1. Walk You Through The Legal Process
The truck accident claims process can be complex and confusing.
Our attorneys will guide you through every step of the process, so you always know what to expect.
We will also answer any questions you have along the way.
You should never have to worry about whether or not you are making the right decisions when it comes to your case.
With Bodewell Law by your side, you can be confident that you are in good hands.
2. Investigate The Accident To Determine Liability
In order to maximize your chances of success, it is important to have a clear understanding of how the accident happened and who is at fault.
Our team will conduct a thorough investigation and gather all the evidence we need to build a strong case on your behalf.
The trucking company and their insurance provider will have their own team of lawyers working to protect their interests.
You need someone in your corner who is looking out for you and your best interests.
3. Gather Evidence To Support Your Claim
Once we have a clear understanding of how the accident happened, we will begin to gather evidence to support your claim.
This may include medical records, witness statements, photos, and video footage.
This evidence will be used to prove that the other party is at fault for the accident and that you should be compensated for your damages.
It is very important that this evidence is gathered as soon as possible, so it is important to contact us right away.
4. Handle All Communications With The Insurance Company
After an accident, you will likely be contacted by the insurance company.
It is very important that you do not speak to them or give them any statements without first consulting with our team.
The insurance company will be looking for any opportunity to minimize the amount of money they have to pay out on your claim.
Our attorneys will handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure that your rights are protected.
If you try to handle the insurance claim on your own, you could end up making some costly mistakes.
5. Negotiate A Fair Settlement On Your Behalf
Once we have gathered all the evidence and built a strong case, we will begin negotiations with the insurance company.
Our goal is to secure a fair settlement that covers all of your damages.
In many cases, we are able to reach an agreement with the insurance company without having to file a lawsuit.
However, we will do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
6. Take Your Case To Trial If Necessary
If we are unable to reach a settlement with the insurance company, we are prepared to take your case to trial.
Our attorneys have years of experience litigating truck accident cases and we are not afraid to fight for you in court.
We understand that going to trial can be stressful, but you can rest assured knowing that we will be by your side throughout the entire process.
You should not have to bear the financial burden of someone else’s negligence.
With our help, you can get the compensation you need to move on with your life.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
We would be honored to help you with your case.
Common Causes Of Mobile Truck Accidents
There are many different factors that can contribute to a truck accident.
In some cases, the accident is caused by the negligence of the truck driver.
In other cases, the accident may be caused by a mechanical failure or poor road conditions.
Some of the most common causes of mobile truck accidents include:
1. Driver Fatigue
The trucking industry is notorious for its tight deadlines and long hours.
Unfortunately, this often leads to truck drivers operating on very little sleep.
Driver fatigue is a serious problem that can lead to accidents.
When a truck driver is tired, they are more likely to make mistakes.
They may have trouble staying focused on the road and they may even fall asleep at the wheel.
2. Distracted Driving
Distracted driving is a serious problem that affects all drivers, including truckers.
Truck drivers are often distracted by their cell phones, GPS devices, and other electronics.
Distracted driving can lead to accidents because it takes the driver’s attention away from the road.
Truck accidents often occur because the driver was speeding.
Due to the large size and weight of trucks, it can be difficult for them to stop quickly.
This can lead to serious accidents if the truck driver is not paying attention to the speed limit.
4. Improper Turns
Truck drivers often have to make wide turns in order to safely maneuver their vehicles.
If the driver does not signal or make a proper turn, it can lead to an accident.
The driver may also collide with another vehicle if they try to make a turn that is too tight.
5. Following Too Closely
Sometimes, truck drivers will tailgate other vehicles in order to save time.
This is extremely dangerous because it does not allow the truck driver enough time to react if the car in front of them suddenly stops.
When a truck driver is following too closely, it can lead to a serious rear-end collision.
6. Brake Failure
Due to the large size and weight of trucks, they require a significant amount of time to stop.
If the truck’s brakes are not properly maintained, it can lead to a serious accident.
Brake failure is often caused by inadequate truck maintenance.
7. Poor Road Conditions
Poor road conditions can also lead to accidents.
Potholes, debris, and inclement weather can all contribute to accidents.
If a truck driver is not paying attention to the road, they may hit something and lose control of their vehicle.
8. Mechanical Failure
Sometimes, accidents are caused by mechanical failure.
This can include problems with the brakes, tires, or steering.
If a truck is not properly maintained, it can lead to a serious accident.
The trucking company may be held liable if the accident was caused by a mechanical failure.
9. Overloaded trucks
Another common cause of accidents is an overloaded truck.
If a truck is carrying too much weight, it can be difficult to control.
This can lead to the truck tipping over or losing control of the road.
Overloaded trucks are often the result of poor planning on the part of the trucking company.
10. Intoxicated driving
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is never acceptable.
Unfortunately, some truck drivers will get behind the wheel while intoxicated.
This can lead to serious accidents because the driver’s judgment is impaired.
If you have been involved in a Mobile truck accident, it is important to contact a lawyer who specializes in this area of law.
They will be able to help you navigate the complex legal system and get the compensation you deserve.
Who Is Responsible For A Truck Accident?
There are many different parties who could be held responsible for a truck accident.
The liable party will depend on the specific facts of the case.
Four (4) of the parties who could be held liable for a truck accident include:
1. The truck driver
If the truck driver was at fault for the accident, they could be held liable.
This could be the case if the driver was intoxicated, speeding, or not paying attention to the road.
2. The trucking company
If the accident was caused by a mechanical failure, the trucking company could be held liable.
The company may also be held responsible if the accident was caused by an overloaded truck.
It is also possible for the trucking company to be held liable if the driver was not properly trained.
3. The manufacturer of the truck
If the accident was caused by a defective part on the truck, the manufacturer could be held responsible.
This is most likely to happen if the accident was caused by a mechanical failure.
4. Cargo loaders
When trucks are not properly loaded, it can lead to accidents.
If the cargo was not properly secured, the cargo loaders could be held liable.
How Can An Alabama Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
If you have been in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
An Alabama truck accident lawyer can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
A lawyer can also assist you in navigating the legal system and ensuring that your rights are upheld.
You may be wondering how a truck accident lawyer can help you.
The lawyer can help you by:
- Filing a claim: The lawyer will file a claim on your behalf and seek compensation for your injuries.
- Navigating the legal process: The lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected. Most truck accident lawyers have experience dealing with trucking companies and their insurance companies.
- Communicate with the trucking company: The lawyer will communicate with the trucking company and their insurance company on your behalf. This can help to reduce the stress of dealing with the accident.
- Protect your rights: The lawyer will protect your rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that you are treated fairly by the insurance company and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Taking your case to trial: If the trucking company or their insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, the lawyer can take your case to trial. This can help you get the compensation you deserve.
A truck accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
If you have been in a truck accident, contact a truck accident lawyer today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Hire Bodewell Law As Your Mobile Truck Accident Lawyer
Our team of experienced truck accident lawyers is here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
We have a proven track record of success in truck accident cases.
Contact Bodewell Law today to schedule a free consultation.
We will review your case and advise you on the best course of action.
Let us help you get the justice you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the common injuries associated with truck accidents?
Truck accidents can often lead to serious injuries.
This is due to the large size and weight of trucks.
Some of the most common injuries associated with truck accidents include:
- Broken bones: The force of a truck collision can often lead to broken bones. This is especially true if the victim was hit by the truck or thrown from the vehicle.
- Head injuries: Truck accidents can also cause head injuries. These can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries. If you have suffered a head injury in a truck accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
- Neck and back injuries: Truck accidents also frequently result in neck and back injuries. These can range from whiplash to spinal cord injuries. If you have been in a truck accident and suffered a neck or back injury, it is important to get medical help as soon as possible.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding is another serious injury that can occur in a truck accident. This type of injury can be life-threatening if it is not treated immediately.
- Spinal cord injuries: The force of a truck collision can often lead to serious spinal cord injuries. These types of injuries can result in paralysis or even death. The sooner you get medical help, the better your chances of a full recovery.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Truck accidents are also prone to produce severe traumatic brain injuries. These types of injuries can lead to long-term problems, such as memory loss or difficulty concentrating.
- Whiplash: The force of a truck collision can often lead to whiplash. This is a common neck injury that can be very painful. This type of injury can lead to long-term problems, so it is important to get medical attention right away.
Is There A Deadline For Filing A Truck Accident Lawsuit?
There is a statute of limitations for filing a truck accident lawsuit.
This means that you have a limited amount of time to file a claim.
In most states, the deadline to file a truck accident claim is two (2) years from the date of the accident.
If you do not file a claim within this time frame, you will likely be barred from doing so.